Friday, March 14, 2008

Horton gets 2 thumbs up!!!


We saw "Horton Hears a Who" today after MUCH anticipation from my son!!! I thought March 14th would never arrive, as he has reminded me DAILY ever since we saw the trailer for the movie back in January, that we had to see the movie on today's date (it's premiere). Even Mr. Limefreckle came home early from work so we could all see the movie together, and it did not disappoint. Jim Carrey is amazing, as he always is in anything he puts his stamp on -- and it was a funny, warm, family movie. Steve Carrell is also fast becoming another favourite in our family (my son first discovered him in "Evan Almighty", and I can't get enough of "the Office"!)

A good time was had by all, and I'll be very surprised if this movie isn't the box office #1 of the weekend! The story is so heartwarming --- my favourite quote of the movie? "I said what I meant and I meant what I said....an elephant's faithful 100 percent!" Now who doesn't wish more people would just say what they mean, and mean what they say???

0 comments: