Friday, January 30, 2009

I did it!

Wow, I actually organized that space I talked about yesterday - I need to start committing to things on my blog, then they will get done!

OK, so here is the before once again, in case you don't feel like scrolling down to yesterday's post:



Drum roll please...........



the glass jars are all from IKEA, as are the white and green boxes, and the silver boxes. I divided everything up into categories --- playdoh, stickers, paper, crayons etc. are in the glass jars. I like it, let's see how long it will stay like this! Many of the books were edited, and moved upstairs to the bedroom.

Here is the counter hot spot before:




And the after:



I'm just not sure if I like having the counter "decorated" as I'm not used to it yet --- I have lots of other countertops to use for cooking, so it's really just extra space -- I'll live with it for awhile, and see what I think.

4 comments:

Michelle@Everyday Celebrating said...

FABULOUS! I'm envious of your organization!
Thanks for dropping by my blog!

Xazmin said...

Congratulations! It looks FAB. Just got my pantry done the other day...do you notice yourself just stopping to admire your handywork periodically throughout the day? I told my husband we should move into the pantry because it was the cleanest spot in the house!

Roxi said...

It looks great! I so need to get organized too!

Roxi

Tanielle said...

I love the colors you used. So fun. I've been organizing like crazy lately, my good friend Xazmin got me motivated. Feels great when you get it accomplished!