Sunday, March 1, 2009

My computer and I have been sick!

This week I have hardly been on my computer at all.....I feel so out of touch! I came down with a virus on Wednesday, and so did my computer (not really sure what was wrong with it in the end, but I had it all cleaned up and some RAM added, so we are good to go!) Wish I could clean myself up like that....my virus is lingering, but I'm feeling so much better! Do you ever have one of those days when you just stay in bed all day and sleep and it feels like you've missed an entire week? That was Thursday for me. I made the mistake of going out on Friday night, and now I'm still struggling, 2 days later. I probably wasn't ready, but I couldn't resist a night out with friends at a comedy club. I hear laughter is the best medicine after all!

I'm sure a good nights sleep tonight will do the trick -- then it's off to visit some family nearby tomorrow for tea etc. I'm looking forward to seeing cousins and aunts that I don't see enough, even though we live only a couple of hours apart. I guess life just seems to get in the way too often -- now that Limefreckle Jr. is comfortably ensconced in a school that feels confident with him, I don't have to constantly be on call wondering if he is having a bad day, and will I get a call to pick him up. I know that won't happen anymore, and I can plan my days accordingly. The freedom that has afforded me is an unbelievable feeling! Actually, having him somewhere that he is completely accepted is a foreign feeling to me, but I'm growing used to it. I was tired of meeting with school officials and the like, sitting at a big table with 10 or more people questioning his poor eating habits, his repetitive natures, his choice of television viewing, his inability to keep thoughts to himself. It's just so refreshing to have him somewhere where his idiosyncrasies and his quirks, annoying or not, are accepted and dealt with in a positive way. Life is good!

So, I did miss my Friday's fabulous finds post this week, mostly because I just wasn't able to surf my favourite blogs like I normally would, so this Friday I promise to post 2 finds!

0 comments: