Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

I've been so neglectful of my little blog this summer...my apologies if there is anyone out there that actually reads me!!!

This summer has been one of the worst, weather wise, but one of our busiest! Limefreckle Jr. and I have been having a wonderful time traipsing around. We travelled to Northern Ontario twice to visit Grandma and Grandpa Limefreckle, visited the zoo with friends from school and had a sleepover, (in the tent in his room no less). We indulged ourselves in uncle Limefreckle's pool on the few hot days that we have had. Limefreckle Jr. spent a week at the Y day camp, and had fun, while I called up a girlfriend who was also finding herself sans children (hers are older, and at the point that they really don't want to hang out with Mom anymore!) and we visited Uncle Limefreckle's pool ourselves, and floated, and floated, and floated....what bliss, it's been years since I was able to just get onto an air mattress and float, without children trying to tip me off! If I could just talk Mr. Limefreckle into installing a pool in our very own backyard, what heaven that would be! Ah well, thankfully Uncle Limefreckle is so obliging.

I told myself at the beginning of the summer break, that this was the year that I was going to really start actively working on selling my jewellery online. I had 9 weeks to get things photographed and listed. It's such a daunting task, I've continued to procrastinate, or find something "more important" to do...but no more...I only have 1 1/2 weeks left before school starts, I need to get to work! So I decided that if I wrote about it here, if I said it out loud, maybe that would be the push I need to get busy. Today I am pledging to myself to at least get photographs of all of my inventory that I want to list. It may not get onto the computer today, but at least I can do the photography. Everyday I will take one task until I have at the minimum 30 pieces listed. That is my goal, by the time school starts again. I KNOW that once I get the ball rolling, that it won't be so difficult. So wish me luck, and check back here after the 8th (first day of school). The sidebar will contain the sites that I have my jewellery available for sale.



Photobucket

0 comments: