Sunday, March 14, 2010

Caramel Popcorn Ice cream

I know that I just posted about my new, healthy lifestyle, but one thing I can't seem to get off my mind lately is this dessert I had a couple of years ago, when we were at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. The place is really something to behold, you practically need a golf cart to get around, it is so big! The inside is like a city within the hotel, with a little lake running through etc., it's truly amazing! My husband and I spent the night there after Christmas when we were visiting my parents while they lived in Tennessee -- we don't often get away just the 2 of us, so it was a fun treat. We had dinner at this fantastic restaurant called the Old Hickory, and dessert was something that I still try to recreate to this day. It was popcorn ice cream, with bits of popcorn folded into it, topped with popcorn, caramel sauce, and sea salt. I've recreated it at home, using plain vanilla ice cream, microwaved popcorn (you need only about a handful or so) and any kind of caramel sauce you might like. I know, I know, it sounds wierd, but it tastes amazing.....give it a try and let me know what you think! Why is it that now that I'm dieting and trying to eat right, I can't get it off my mind?

Photobucket

0 comments: