Saturday, March 13, 2010

suddenly I love working out!

I've started to train with a personal trainer, actually, I've been doing it now for about 5 weeks. Over the years, I've been in and out of the gym too many times to count. I've trained with a trainer before, I've been a total gym rat, spending 2 hours a day at the gym (those were back in the days when Limefreckle Jr. was just a baby.....free day care gave me my sanity back!) and then I've gone for months at a time, and I've not set foot in a gym, but one thing has ALWAYS been consistent, even when I was more committed to working out.....I've never really liked it! I've done it because I felt I had too, but I didn't like it. I would go home exhausted, and just want to spend the rest of the day sleeping.

This time around, something is very different. I don't know if it is my trainer, the gym, my attitude.....maybe it is a combination of all three - but I like it, I REALLY, REALLY LIKE IT! I'm even running again, something I vowed I would never do again (mind you, I'm not running too many minutes in a row just yet, still doing intervals.) I'm feeling fantastic, and I'm doing spinning classes at least once a week, more if I can, I really love to cycle, it's turned out to be my absolute favourite exercise!

So, this time I really think that my committment to exercise is going to help me to make changes in my life.....I have lost some weight already, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what more I can accomplish. I've started to see a dietician too, because I have a lot of eating issues....I'm a classic emotional eater, and I need to change that if I'm going to be successful in the long run....but I feel that this is the time in my life when I'm finally going to reach my goals and do it this time!  I'll keep you posted on my progress...


Photobucket

0 comments: