Thursday, August 19, 2010

Holy Workout Batman!


I just finished my first day of the 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels.  I've been working out pretty consistently since February, with my personal trainer, Adam, who really kicks my butt.  Unfortunately, I lost my fabulous babysitter, one of Limefreckle Jr's teachers - she had to go back to work to get ready for school.  She was babysitting for me 3 days a week so that I could continue with my workouts...yes, I am that committed!!  

So now until September 7th, the boy and I are at home, on our own.   I have to get inventive with my workouts (aka do them myself, instead of paying someone to watch over me).    This morning I declared that I was going to do a video workout...next thing you know, Limefreckle Jr. shows up in shorts, tank top, socks pulled up to his knees, and a headband around his head circa Olivia Newton John in her "Let's Get Physical" days.....and announces "I'm going to be your trainer!"  Well Adam, you certainly have your work cut out for you, my new trainer, was pretty great!  He corrected me if I made a wrong move, fetched water for me, and set up my mat when needed.  And Jillian kicked my butt harder than I had expected!!  I think if I keep this up while I am "on vacation" I'll feel so much better about being away from the gym for so long!
Photobucket

0 comments: