Monday, August 16, 2010

Where has the summer gone?

One of my 2 faithful readers pointed out to me the other day that I haven't posted in FOREVER!!! She said I must be having a great summer, and of course we are. The summer seems to have lasted forever, yet I also can't believe it's already the middle of August! One of Limefreckle Jr's teacher's has been babysitting 3 days a week for me, and that has been AWESOME! She's back to work today, so we are looking at 3 weeks just me and him....eeeek!! Can I handle it? He's a ball of energy, it's hard to keep up! But I've been busy arranging playdates with my friends and their kids, so that everyone is happy.

This has been the absolute best summer weather wise that we have had in a long time.....makes me wish we had a pool in the backyard! But no fear, I'm busy house hunting....that's right, the Limefreckle family has decided it's time to pull up stakes and make a change. I've mentioned before that Limefreckle Jr. goes to a private school for kids on the spectrum, it's about a one hour drive from home, so we have decided to move closer. We would like to be closer to school of course, but also closer to his friends from school, many of them live in that area....and it's an area that really seems to have a good grasp on Autism, there are many more services over there that we don't have here, the school boards over there seem to be a little more forward thinking than the area we live in now, we have to think about the future, highschool etc. There is no way we are going to spend all this time and money on a private school just to end up going back to the same schoolboard that let us down so horribly, for highschool. We need to be in an area that has real, qualified people that know what they are doing, and sadly, that's not the way things are where we live right now. So we have been busy house hunting, but haven't found the right place just yet. It's such an emotional thing, finding a house, falling in love with it, putting an offer in....having to pack up your home.....but we know it's the right move for our family, so we are going to jump in and see what happens! And rest assured, there WILL be a pool in the new house!! Limefreckle Jr. and I are not moving if there's not a pool (and a hot tub wouldn't be bad either!!)


Photobucket

0 comments: