Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HOUSE TOUR - The family room

Continuing with our house tour, here is our family room, just off the kitchen.

Here is what the room looked like when we bought the house:


and this is the room now...


before....




and  now....




we painted the walls a bit lighter shade, it's hard to tell in the pictures, but it did brighten the room a bit (there is very little natural light ANYWHERE in this house....didn't really realize that till after we moved in!)  I also added drapery panels to the window, and that really helped to soften things up.  A few accessories in colours from the rug (found that at HomeSense) and I love the cheeriness of this room!

I also love my plate wall above the couch, such an easy way to bring some uniqueness to the walls.  So much more interesting than a painting, don't you think?


I've collected  a lot of china over the years, I was really into making mosaics before, and have a TON of stuff in the basement just waiting to be broken up and used again.  These plates survived the carnage....

0 comments: