Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas weight gained and lost!





image found via
Last friday was back to Weight Watchers meetings for me.  I missed the previous 2 weeks, during the Christmas holidays.   I had intended to faithfully track during the holidays, to go to the centre near me to weigh in (my usual centre is about 20 mins from home, closer to Limefreckle Jr's school).  I don't know why I felt that because Limefreckle Jr. was on holiday from school, that it should translate to a holiday for me from Weight Watchers.....but it did.  I did not track.  I did not get weighed in.....I basically fell off the wagon with a big THUD, egg nog and shortbread in hand....

Last Friday, I went back......to face the music.  I had gained 4.8 pounds.  OK, I faced it.  I stayed for a meeting.  I discovered that the leader that I had started to really connect with was no longer working there.  UGH!  But I persevered.  I liked the replacement leader, and think that she will be able to help me through this process just fine.  I felt like I was back on track.

I tracked everyday, but truth be told, when I went to my brother's this past weekend to visit with him and some cousins, I DIDN'T count everything that went into my mouth.  Some cheese and crackers snuck in there without me knowing.....a glass of wine was consumed.  But I got back on track again.  And finished the week on a good note.

I weighed in yesterday, instead of my usual Friday, because once again, Limefreckle Jr. has a day off school, and I wasn't going to be in the area.  I briefly flirted with the idea of just skipping this week, and weighing in next week.  But I didn't, I went, and as it was noon, realized that a 12:15 meeting was about to happen, so I stayed for that.....and I LOST 4.3 POUNDS!  Almost took off everything I put on during the holidays!  I was so happy, I feel like I'm back on track, I realize that if I don't let things slip, I can catch the "oops" moments and move on, move forward......

I feel this is a small victory!

0 comments: