Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday



If you are linked up to Erin or Alex and that is how you've come by my blog today, check my post yesterday to find out a little bit more about me and my journey.  This is my first link up with "Weigh-In Wednesday", and I'm hoping to get to know all the other bloggers that are linking up, and to make some new friends, to help me on this weight loss journey.

This week I LOST 4.3 LBS!!  I gained 4.8 over the Christmas holidays, I took 2 weeks off of Weight Watchers, I didn't track, and I didn't follow the plan very well.  I ate too many cookies, drank too much wine, and basically completely fell off the wagon.  I'm so happy that it only took me one week to get back on track.  Total weight loss since I started back at Weight Watchers on November 30, 2012 is 8.4 pounds. 

I meet with my personal trainer twice a week, for a one hour session, and I go to hot yoga and hot Pilate's when I can on the days I have free.  This past week Limefreckle Jr. and I went on a hike for an hour, a great way to earn extra points!  Plus our labradoodle Rufus loves it too!

My goal this week is to get more hot yoga sessions in......if I could lose weight JUST doing hot yoga, I would go every single day, but I've learned I need a little more intensity in my life.....so I see my trainer.  He's a great motivator, and I think weight training is vital to firming things up, so although it's not my favourite way to burn energy.....I push through it.  I look around the gym, watch other members doing boot camps, and wish I had their enthusiasm for working out...but so far, I haven't caught it.  I much prefer to sweat it out in the hot room, and exercise my mind as well as my body.  The mind body connection in yoga can't be beat!  Maybe as I slim down, it will get easier to do the more intense exercises, and maybe a bootcamp might be in my future.  But for now, this seems to be working. 





5 comments:

thecarbmonster said...

Great job this week!!!

hvpooly said...

Great job! I would love to try Hot Yoga one day.

- Hilary
www.cupcakesandcarrots.com

Feisty Jes said...

Great job! That's awesome!

Meg @ Fit Tone Groove said...

Great weight loss!

Shesabigstar said...

Way to get back on track so quickly... there's nothing better than weighing in and seeing a loss like that, it's SO motivating! I totally want to try hot yoga... actually ANY yoga... never done any of it before and I really feel like I'd enjoy it! I need to branch out and do it.