Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome 2013!

There's nothing I love more than the new year.  A new start, everything seems fresh.  I took a walk on the evening of January 1st, it's cold up here in Canada, and the smells of the fresh night air took me back immediately.  Isn't it weird how smell can conjure up so many memories?  It wasn't a particular memory that came to me, but a lifetime of memories, of walking in the cold winter air, of that feeling that anything can happen....it's a new year, so many possibilities!

 
I've noticed in the blogosphere that many bloggers set a one word intention for their year.....so I decided to jump on that bandwagon too....and the word that jumps out at me the most is....


 
 
I'm constantly evolving, constantly working towards change.  Sometimes I get stuck (as evidenced here on my blog, when I don't post for a month or 2 at a time!) But I'm always trying.....just like Dory I "just keep swimming...." 

I started out the new year with the usual resolutions floating around my head.  Lose weight is always first and foremost.....as usual, this past year has been a struggle for me, I started out the year with a loss of around 40 lbs, but as the year settled in, old habits settled back, I gained over 20 of those back.  Just before the holiday I rejoined Weight Watchers, and hope to get those 20 lbs back under control, so that I can continue on my weight loss journey.  I've decided to use my blog to help chronicle that journey, hopefully you will join me!
 
My business is another resolution that I want to work on.  Every year I intend to try to grow Limefreckle, and every year other things get in the way.  This year I'm starting fresh once again, and I will work towards growing Limefreckle to the business I know that it can be.
 
One blog that I love to follow is Jess Lively (formerly Makeunder my Life).  She had a great post recently about writing a letter to your future self, and it really resonated with me.  I'm not ready to share that letter, like she did on her blog, but I wrote it, and I printed it, and am tucking it away for next year.  I like the idea of setting "intentions" not "resolutions" so that is what I am doing today.  I INTEND to make these changes in my life.  I'm going to use all the tools at my disposal to do so, and will chronicle those changes here.
 
What do you INTEND for 2013?
 


2 comments:

Xazmin said...

I intend to SIMPLIFY! That is my word. I have many things I want to accomplish, but I have such a chaotic life that I know I can't make room for those priorities until I learn to simplify what I am doing with my life.

With a new baby on the way, this is more important than ever!

I hope you enjoyed your holidays!!

Limefreckle said...

simplify sounds like a good one! I agree, there are SO many things to accomplish, but if you simplify first, everything will come...

glad you are back!