Monday, February 11, 2013

This Bloggers view of the Grammys 2013

I'm not really one to comment or really even watch, award shows.   Let's face it, I'm a 40 something year old housewife, not sure what I think really matters very much, but seeing as I'm kind of a big deal here on my blog, I figured I'd give you my opinion anyway.....without being asked, like I usually do about most things.

First up.....didn't hang around the red carpet much, because Entertainment Tonight Canada was boring me to tears, asking everyone to hike up their dresses and show them their shoes.....and then they pulled out this big bunch of hearts, and ask some lame, valentine question.  WHO CARES WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR VALENTINES DAY!   I switched over to 60 minutes, and waited for the show to begin.

First up....SURPRISE, Taylor Swift is singing a song about a break up! 

 Photograph: John Shearer/Invision/AP

I liked her circus, Alice in Wonderland theme, there was a guy on stilts with big, fat legs, would love to find that costume for Halloween.  She had a boy tied up to a slab, wouldn't it have been WAY MORE FUNNY to see one of her exes tied up there?  Perhaps her latest breakup, or maybe John Mayers or whoever the song was originally written for.  If I was in charge of the grammies, I totally would have set that up.....
 
Yay for Adele, winning right off the bat.  I'm a big Adele fan, I love anyone that can just stand up on stage and SING.....no theatrics, fireworks, etc., just the power of her voice.
 
 redit: Jeff Vespa/WireImage
 
Johnny Depp, you are an AMAZING actor, but don't you have any other clothes that won't remind me of Captain Jack Sparrow?
 
 
 
Mumford & Sons.....fantastic, of course....but didn't care for the shot of Taylor singing along....YOU HAD THE STAGE GIRL!
 
E! Online
 
Justin Timberlake.....great performance....you've come so far! 
 
image found here
 
Just Jared
 

 Rhianna looks very glamorous, no doubt this girl can sing, and her performance proved it.
 
 
She clearly got the message about the dress code, she looks lovely.  She was a little less covered up during the Bob Marley tribute.....
 
 


 I LOVE the Lumineers!  Such a fun song.....I was sad they didn't win for new artist.....
 


 




 What did you think of Carrie Underwood's dress as a canvas?  Wasn't a fan.....it was a bit distracting, although the butterflies were kinda cool....
 
 

 
And Prince, or the artist formerly known as Prince, or the symbol guy....looks like he's ready to Party like it's 1999.....but now he has a cane....he is aging I guess!
 
 


 
Will always love this song, will always love Elton John.....great performance of "The Weight".    I wondered if this was the case, just read that Levon Helm, the artist they are paying tribute to, was the inspiration for Elton's "Levon".
 
 
 
I'm not really sure what to say about this performance of "Forrest Gump".  Never heard the song before, never heard of the artist.....but I think Bjorn Borg wore it better....
 
 
 
 
 
and then a very deserving Mumford & Sons' won Album of the Year.  Presented to them by Adele.  What could be better.
 
 
 And on that note, I'd seen all I needed to see, so off  to bed.  Because it was 11:20, which is WAY past my bedtime, and Limefreckle Jr. had fallen asleep on the couch, and needed to be coaxed upstairs.  Hope I didn't miss anything too exciting!  But one last thing needs to be said:
 
Kelly Clarkson and Miranda Lambert -- thank you for looking like real women, and not lollypops!
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 
 


5 comments:

Holly said...

I agree with this whole post! I really loved the show last night.. one of the best ones in awhile.

Shawn said...

I didn't watch it but now I feel all caught up. Thanks for the recap and for linking up with us!

SH said...

Awesome recap! Rihanna looked fantastic, I love that Kelly Clarkson is normal-sized, and Carrie's dress was a little distracting, but she's beautiful and talented, so she kinda pulled it off!


Sheree
The Hartungs Blog
thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Julie Maloney said...

I still have the Grammys sitting on my DVR that I need to watch, good highlight reel I should get to it!

Mrs. Match said...

I didn't catch the Grammy's but I love your recap. The whole Taylor Swift breakup song thing is such a joke these days! It makes you wonder why men continue to date her doesn't it?
Wow, Rihanna looks great when she dresses classy.