Thursday, February 7, 2013

Too Fat to photograph

Do you all read Today's Creative Blog?  I follow her on Facebook, and she had a post about from THIS blogger the other day.  It was very inspiring.....go read it.....I'll wait......

I'm SO guilty of not wanting to be photographed.  Recently when I did this post, and opened the door to my own, true self, I had a very hard time finding pictures of me.  The picture of me in a two piece in that post is the ONLY picture I could find of myself in a bathing suit.....I duck away anytime anyone points a camera in my direction.....or I hide behind Limefreckle Jr. so that you can't see my stomach.  And it makes me sad that I have missed so many opportunities to get my picture taken with him, in the past 11 3/4 years.  Who cares if I'm too fat!  Maybe that is what people will see.....they may look at that picture and say "wow, is she ever fat...." but that's their problem, not mine....and I need to start remembering that more!


So I'm going to try to start getting more pictures of me.  I'm going to stop worrying if my hair looks ok, if my outfit is OK, if I'm too fat in this picture.  I've GOT to stop judging myself as worthy to participate in life based on my weight.  I AM worthy of all that life has to offer and more! I am WORTHY of documenting my life just like everyone else.  I am my own worst critic...and let's face it, even if some people DO look at my pictures and say "wow, look how fat she is" will I really even know about it?  Are people that shallow that they would TELL me that is what they are thinking? I don't think so.....remember the old saying "you'll worry less about how people think about you when you realize how seldom they do"......
snapped from my webcam while writing this post....

0 comments: