Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Speaking of my new couch...

Today is Just because Tuesday, and I'm once again linking up with Lisette and Catalyn





Monday morning I was packing Limefreckle Jr's backpack and lunch, and decided to read through his "What I did during March break" report that he prepared for school.  This is what he put down for the first Monday of the holiday -

In case you can't read his handwriting, it says:

On Monday I stayed home all day long.  Mom would eat everything in the house and lye on the couch all day and watch TV!

BUSTED!

And here's the picture he drew, look at me, just sitting there, watching tv, and him in the background looking all forlorn!


Well, to be fair, I didn't eat absolutely EVERYTHING in the house, I may have snacked "a bit".  And I don't know that I watched TV all day -- there may have been a nap thrown in there...

And of course, when I arrived at school that morning, 3 new co-op students had started, and my son had the pleasure of reading this aloud to everyone, during their normal Monday ritual of discover and discuss.  It's one thing that his teachers hear how lazy his mom is, did the co-op students need to know this too?

I actually have to say, I AM quite proud of the fact that he sat down to do this worksheet all on his own.  I know that this isn't exactly the work of most soon to be 12 year olds - but when Jr. started at his current school 4 years ago, he could barely write, and never drew ANYTHING.  In public school, they spent a lot of time trying to make him hold a pencil the "right" way, there was even an occupational therapist who would come in and consult with the teachers once a month, and try to make him do things the way they "ought" to be done.  He really barely did any school work in those days and certainly he woudn't sit down to do it by himself..  Now when I watch him write and draw, I could care less HOW he holds the pencil, as long as the words flow, it will eventually all sort itself out.  We are so lucky to have found such a fantastic school to help him unlock his potential and be all that he could be. 

Later in the day, I got this text picture from his teacher:




The grin on his face says it all.  I looked at it, laughed out loud, and realized how incredibly lucky we are that he is able to attend a one of a kind school with teachers that are really more like family than anything else! 

Now if you haven't already, don't forget to enter my giveway contest:

PIN IT TO WIN IT



Visit my Etsy shop and pin your favourite piece of jewelry to Pinterest.  (sign up here if you don't have an account with Pinterest yet)  On Thursday I will draw one winner and that person will win the piece of jewelry that they pinned.  Be sure to leave a blog comment with the url of the pin, so that you will be entered in the contest.  If you like more than one item, go ahead and pin them, each separate pin earns an entry.


Good luck! 




1 comments:

Kelly said...

Lol - I love it! Kids totally bust us, right? I feel the same way about the therapy center where we send Ezra. He's only two, and we homeschool our kids, so it was really strange to drop a child off someplace with me. It is so wonderful to trust that he is with loving adults who just want him to succeed and are doing everything they know to help him (and keep me in the loop!) Yay for progress - even when it rats you out! ;-)