Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Shenanigans - new furniture!

I'm linking up again with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans!


Our weekend was the finale of March Break.  On Friday, two of Limefreckle Jr's friends, and their mothers came over for a coffee/play date.  I love it when his friends come over, it makes him so happy (he must have asked me 15 times that morning what time everyone would arrive.  Then when the doorbell rang I had to call for him....I suppose he was waiting for an announcement to make his grand entrance! The kid is a MAJOR drama king!)

Our new couch arrived Friday afternoon -- this is what the room looked like before (from my Christmas tour blog post 2011  I loved the colour of this couch and chair, and the "largeness" of them, but they were really getting worn out, and uncomfortable.  I inherited them from my parents, and we certainly got our use out of them.  Free is always good!


This is about 3 minutes after the delivery guys left


The pillows it came with match our living room much better, plus they were not comfortable napping pillows AT ALL, way too hard, so I switched them out, and need to buy some red ones, to tie all the red in from the room.  It's a whole lot more comfortable than the old couch, but it takes a bit of getting used to the darker colour.  This set matches the rest of the house pretty well though, so I think they "go".  And I don't feel like I have to call someone to help hoist me out of the couch when I want to get up....so that's a good thing!

The rest of the weekend was spent doing pretty much nothing.  Took LJ to Superheroes on Saturday morning, stayed home on Sunday and cleaned my office, something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and then I watched "The Jane Austen book Club" on Netflix.  It was a nice chick flick, I enjoyed it, and now I have a desire to read all of Jane Austen's books - What's up with that?  And why haven't I read any before?

Oh, and I may or may not have gone the entire week without washing my hair.  10 days actually, a new record!  Is that gross?  I can't believe how good it looked all this time, (ok, truth be told, had to put it up in a clip for the past couple of days) My hair stylist is such a genius, I like to put off washing and styling it myself for as long as possible.  Back to reality on Monday.

I didn't do the best job of sticking to my Weight Watchers points this week and weekend, and am looking forward to taking Limefreckle Jr. to school tomorrow, and getting back into our regular routine.   Thankfully I have till Wednesday to get my act together, when I weigh in for the week.

If you haven't entered already, don't forget about my jewelry giveaway I'm hosting.  It's called:
 
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

 visit my Etsy shop and pin your favourite piece of jewelry to Pinterest.  (sign up here if you don't have an account with Pinterest yet)  On Thursday I will draw one winner and that person will win the piece of jewelry that they pinned.  Be sure to leave a blog comment with the url of the pin, so that you will be entered in the contest.  If you like more than one item, go ahead and pin them, each separate pin earns an entry.
 
Good luck! 

3 comments:

J and A said...

I LOVE your plate wall!! Amazing!

Kelly said...

I love the new furniture and the plates on your wall! I'm also super jealous that your kid is old enough to leave the decorator stuff on the table alone. I looked at the picture and was all *insert wistful dramatic sigh*, "Someday Ezra will not be two years old and I can have pretty things again." The room is beautiful and welcoming. (It also looks like a great nap spot!)

Decore Essentials said...


What a blast! Besides having a great grasp of perspective, what a great…grasp of perspective…such artists have to pour so much heart into something so ephemeral.

Cheers!

Luxury home accessories