Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday - in it for the long haul!

 
It's Weigh in Wednesday and once again, I'm linking up with Erin and Alex
 
button

I LOST 2 LBS!!


 
 
 
I've joined Erin's dietbet, and I'm afraid it's stressing me out a little bit!  I have to lose 2 lbs a week in order to win, and that's actually a bit more than I usually lose in 7 days, so I've been trying to ramp it up a bit, but instead I've found myself faltering.  Nothing too crazy, a couple of glasses of wine here, some extra pasta there.  Sometimes competition in weight loss doesn't really work for me.  I'd hoped that being part of a bigger community would kick my butt in gear, but I find myself constantly battling that inner deamon inside me that wants to give up. I'm not really a very competitive person.  I remember I used to do personal training with a friend, and the trainer would try to pit us against each other...."look at her, she's beating you!"  I would be all "Yay friend - way to go!" and it wouldn't inspire me to work harder at all!  Competition sometimes pushes me in the opposite direction...
 
BUT, I haven't given up, I haven't let the negative thinking take over -  and I lost what I needed to this week.  I DID weigh in at 196.4 last week, but it crept back on over the weekend, and that's where I start to stress a little.  I need to regroup, remember that the scale will fluctuate here and there, and I need to remind myself NOT to step on it constantly, hoping that it will be wrong.  I have to remember that I'm in this for the long haul, the numbers are going DOWN which is the right direction, and that's all that matters. 
 
In other news, I'm having another giveway on the blog!  This time I'm doing a
 
PIN IT TO WIN IT CONTEST!
 
 
 
 
 
All you need to do is visit my Etsy shop and pin your favourite item. Of course, you have to be a member of Pinerest, if you aren't, go here to sign yourself up. TO BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST, YOU NEED TO COMMENT ON MY BLOG AND LEAVE ME THE URL OF YOUR PIN. That's it. The giveway will be up for one week, at the end one lucky winner will win their pinned item! You are welcome to pin more than one image if you like, as long as you comment with the url of each image, it will earn you extra entries.  Good luck!

5 comments:

Kate said...

I'm the exact same way when it comes to competition! No joke!

K @ Keeping Up With K... said...

Congrats on the loss. I'm in on the dietbet too and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I really need to step it up the next couple of weeks!

Danielle K said...

It seems like everyone is pretty nice and friendly on the DietBet...so maybe that will help keep you in a good place with it.

Also, I pinned a bracelet :) Yay!

http://pinterest.com/pin/258534834831432241/

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

Congrats on the loss lady!! You can do this!!!

Brenda H said...

I hope you kick the dietbet's virtual bootie! Congrats on the loss this week.