Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Decor inspired by Hollywood

When I watch a movie or television show, I often find my eye wandering to the background, admiring the set design, more often than not before the show is ending (unless I'm in a movie theatre) I'm on my laptop trying to get details on the decor.

The first time I remember falling in love with a fictional home was in the movie "As Good As It Gets".  I absolutely LOVE this living room, it makes me want to pack up my bags and head to the Hampton's.


My next inspiration was this living room from "It's Complicated"


I had planned to recreate this room in our last house, but we moved before I had a chance to do it.  Not surprisingly, both rooms were created by production designer Jon Huttman

My current obsession is from the final season of "Weeds".  I discovered while watching Netflix on vacation that I missed an entire season.  I thought the series ended in Season 7, I was like a kid on Christmas morning when I discovered that Nancy actually survived!  And WOW do I love her home!!  After searching google images, I discovered that Julie Bolder is the designer behind most of the amazing sets on Weeds, way back to season 1.  As much as I can't at all relate to Nancy Botwin's pot selling lifestyle, I most certainly relate to her clothes and surroundings....she's one fictional character with a whole lot of style!

None of these rooms could be created in the house I'm currently living in, and for the most part I'm pretty happy with my current decor.....but I see bits and pieces in all these pictures that I'd like to incorporate into my decor (not the least of which is the crown on the dining room table.  It's hard to see in this picture, clearer when you watch the show.  So cute!)





Are you like me, often looking around in the background of movies and tv shows for decor inspiration?  I think I must have gotten that trait from my mom!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

What a cool post, Sue. I wish my house looked like those sets! lol

Frances Herrera said...

We couldn't deny it! Most of us gets inspired with the house design we see on the television. It keeps us updated. Likewise, inspire and allow us to have brighter ideas for our home. We do our best to come up with our own decorating style.

Frances Herrera