Friday, April 26, 2013

Does slow and steady win the race?

 I recently had my blog redesigned (thank you Hubby Jack!) and I went into the WEIGHT LOSS tab to update my weight loss stats. It's sloooowwww friends, very, very slow.   I had a slow start, tiny losses here and there, then got into a groove and felt fantastic.  Then I went on vacation.  UGH!  I got back almost 3 weeks ago, and I'm still struggling with my eating.

I'm an emotional binge eater.  No emotion is safe from me - boredom, anger, sadness, happiness -- I associate them all with food.  I find myself lately sneaking into the cupboard, to find whatever carbs I can to make me happy.  Perhaps it's the bad weather.  I had vowed to Limefreckle Jr. that once spring got here we would start bike riding after school.  Well it's to stinking cold to bike ride, plus the trails are probably covered in mud and water.  It's so much easier to plop down on the couch and have a little snack.

And here I am, blogging about weight loss and my journey.  Well it looks like this journey is gonna take a little time folks, I hope you are in it for the long haul!

But one thing I know for sure -- I'm not getting off this train -- I'm in it to win it, I've been down this road before.  I've gained and lost and gained and lost so many pounds over the years I can't even count them anymore.  I've lost quickly before - About a year ago I took off 40 pounds almost effortlessly, it literally melted off, and I thought my weight loss worries were over.  Then I went on vacation, and BAM! the pounds started to creep back on (do you see a pattern here with my vacations?)

So I definitely don't have it all together.  I'm no expert on all of this (while, actually, I do know a lot about weight loss, having done it so many times, I just don't always put those strategies into action) but I do know that I don't really have any other alternative.  I guess I could give up, but then what?  How many pounds would I put back on?  So I continue, day by day, 1 pound at a time, confident in the fact that eventually I will be at my goal.  I saw this on a friend's facebook post today and it sums up exactly how I feel!


Pin It

0 comments: