Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wake me when Spring Arrives


I have a daily calendar with these little gems, and this is what I pulled yesterday.  Today is grey, yucky, and we have freezing rain.  To say that I'm sick of this weather would be a major understatement!  It seems like summer is never going to arrive, let alone spring!  Limefreckle Jr. reminded me yesterday that "April Showers bring May flowers" which I'm sure teachers across North America are reciting for our kids....just like they did when we were kids, to make everyone feel better.    I need some SUNSHINE!! 

Days like this make me want to lay on the couch with a blanket pulled over my head, catching up on "Real Housewives" episodes.....doesn't matter which city....they are all equal trainwrecks that I can't seem to stop watching!  Although, the Real Housewives of Vancouver is particularly bad -- these women can't act at all!  At least the other franchises make it appear that what is happening is not totally scripted (at least some of the time). 

But I will persevere, off I go to get Limefreckle Jr. to school, then I'm heading straight to hot yoga, because NOTHING makes you feel better on a gray day like today than a hot yoga class!  I am seriously addicted to it.  After that I have an appointment with a naturopath for accupunture.  I've been feeling like my hormones are totally out of whack lately, so I decided to see a naturopath, when my traditional doctor couldn't find anything specific going on.  My periods are totally out of whack, and while I'm a bit young to be going through "the change" I feel like I might be.  My family doctor tested my hormones, and said no -- but I can't shake these out of sync feelings (especially anxiety -- it's high lately).  So the Naturopath gave me this "tincture" that tastes LIKE CRAP, but I swallow it morning and night, and hope that it has an effect.  I've been having hot flashes LIKE CRAZY since I started taking it, I wonder what that is all about.  Will find out today I guess.

So that's what's going on in this corner of Canada on a cold, grey, April day........

1 comments:

J and A said...

Hot yoga would be perfect today!! I am so sick of gloomy winter and NEED spring!!