Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday - feeling out of control

button
I've been on vacation in Myrtle Beach for the past week, and I totally feel out of control!  I've not counted a point, or taken any steps toward healthy eating in a few days now.....I started to when my vacation began, but not so much right now....I got on the scale this morning, and weighed 196.8.  Then I came down to write this post, and honestly, I didn't even remember what I weighed last time and
 I LOST 1.4 POUNDS!!!
 
The last time I weighed in was 2 weeks ago, and I had gained a bit, I was 197.8.  I know I've said before to so many people, it seems that the weeks you expect to gain, you lose, however I REALLY didn't expect this to happen this time around!  I went into my vacation with all the expectations of staying on track, especially since last year when I went to Myrtle Beach at the same time of year, I totally derailed my diet and fitness lifestyle. Before I left, I had lost 40 lbs and had about 20 to go....my eating began to get out of control, and I didn't regain control, until I gained about 30 of those pounds back!  This November I got back on track, and I DO NOT WANT THIS VACATION TO BE THE END OF MY HEALTHY WAYS!
 
The fact that I've lost 1.4 lbs really makes me feel like I'm NOT going to spiral, I can DO THIS!!!  And when I really examine my holiday, I DID stay in control somewhat, I made a lot of healthy eating choices, I snacked, but not to the extent that I used to, I HAVE MADE SIGNIFICANT LIFESTYLE CHANGES!  And I'm giddy with excitement at that realization!  I feel like this time around, I'm really going to get this weight off -- I have no time expectations with that, it will happen when it happens, but it WILL HAPPEN!!!
 

9 comments:

Alicia said...

You can do it. Don't be hard on yourself about getting off track during vaca. Sometimes you need a break from it all and just need to enjoy yourself. I've done horrible lately and need to get back on track too.

The Nanny Jenny said...

Congrats on your loss! It always seems to go the way we dont think it's going to go. I think subconsciously we are more aware now then when we were more out of control so it helps us. Keep up the fantastic work :)

Sarah said...

GREAT JOB!!! Weeks like that are awesome! :)

Halie Renee said...

Good for you girl! And of course you can do this. Just keep up that awesome work, and you'll be killin' it! Visiting today from the WIW link-up :)

ms.composure said...

yes congrats!!!! keep up the good work :-)

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

Danielle K said...

You can do it!!! It's hard not to get off track during vacation, just know that when you get home, it's time to get back to your lifestyle change of healthy eating :)

bailey j said...

So awesome that you have lost! Definitely proof of lifestyle changes that have been made. A loss on vacation is a reason to kick some ass after vacation because if you can lose that on vacation think of what you can do kicking ass w/ your regular routine once you're home! Way to go!

Sarah said...

Awesome job, my vacation totally threw me for a loop and I've been trying hard to climb back on the wagon... I'm getting there!

Sarah
mamasgotittogether.com

Amy {Write this Down} said...

Maybe you needed a little week to indulge and shock your body. YAY for the loss! You go this!