Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What is there to say?

I had a meaningless post about decorating scheduled for today, which just seems so wrong in the wake of what happened in Boston yesterday.

I really struggle with things like this, I find myself watching the news for only short periods of time, hardly able to keep the tears at bay.  Meaningless terror and acts of cruelty are just so horrendous that I can't help but turn away.  My heart aches for the victims and their families, and the poor people that were in the vicinity of the bombs yesterday.  I can't help but think about the children that were there, and what they saw, forever etched in their memories.

Then later, while checking my facebook feed, I saw that someone had posted this, and realized that this is the kind of thing I need to focus on, the good in people:


And this quote I've seen before, but it is nice to be reminded:



So this is what I choose to focus on during this tragedy, the good that does exist, in so many people. 

0 comments: