Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Canada!

I had a WONDERFUL holiday here in Canada this weekend. On Friday my girlfriend and I headed downtown Toronto to go to the Hay House "I can Do it!" Summit for 2013

 


My brother heard from My Mom that I was headed to a conference and his response was "what, they have conferences for stay at home Moms?"  Yes, yes they do, and they are aptly named I CAN DO IT!!!  We had a good laugh over that one.

In case you have never heard of these conferences, it's put on by Hay House, the publishing house behind so many inspirational and motivational speakers.  I saw some fabulous presentations starting with Wayne Dyer (he's SUCH a great speaker), and ending with Bruce Lipton, someone I hadn't heard about before, and who I'm so intrigued to learn more about.  I'm definitely going to get his latest book, The Honeymoon Effect.  It talks about our conscious thinking and subconscious programming, and basically how to live in that "honeymoon state"that we all feel when we fall in love.  He was a fantastic speaker, and put very complex ideas into such simple "why didn't I think of that" terms.  Very motivational!  Another speaker I really enjoyed and had never heard about before was Kris Carr, a woman that was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and took charge of her life, her eating, her health.  10 years later she's still  going strong, and gives a fantastic talk, filled with humour and honesty.  I learned a bit more about tapping, something I'm very intrigued with and am trying out, Cheryl Richardson talked about living an authentic life, there was just SO MUCH!  It went till 9:30 PM on Saturday night, and 6PM on Sunday, two full days of speakers back to back.  I'm exhausted and exhilarated all at the same time!

We had such a good time, it was a little getaway for the both of us, we stayed downtown at The King Edward Hotel (A Toronto institution) which wasn't too far a walk from the venue, Roy Thompson hall.  It was  a perfect venue, one of those places where every seat in the house was good!  Not so good that any of my iphone pictures turned out very clear....but good enough for the presentation.

Doreen Virtue

Dr. Wayne Dyer

 

I have so many ideas running around in my head after this weekend I'm sure it will take awhile to process them all. I'm heading up to Northern Ontario tomorrow with Limefreckle Jr. for 10 days of playing and relaxing at the beach....I think that should give me ample time to process all that I've heard. Plus I have an ipod filled with more Hay House interviews and books for the long drive (I LOVE to listen to motivational works when I'm on the road...especially a trip this long - 8 hours) May or may not post while I'm on vacay, I'll see where the mood takes me!! Oh, and I couldn't forget a very special birthday to Canada today!!!!


Pin It

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay for great weekends!