Monday, June 24, 2013

I can almost taste summer!

Is it June 25th already?  I can't believe the past month, life has been CRAZY busy, and it shows on my blog, I've barely been here lately.  There just seems to be so much going on lately, lots of end of year activities at Limefreckle Jr's school that I've been involved in, appointments etc. to catch up on before we are out for the summer, blah, blah, blah.  Every year I use a scrapbooking program to create a yearbook for the kiddo's at Jr's school, so that keeps me very busy for May and June, because, even though every year in September I say that I'm going to start the yearbook early, I never do, and it's always a mad crunch to get it finished by the end of the year.  Luckily my husband is in the printing business, so I pressure him to get it printed and delivered for the kids to have on their last day of school.  This year it is this Wednesday, and I'm hoping he pulls it off again.

The yearbook is always so much fun to do, Limefreckle Jr. is always looking over my shoulder, making sure I create it to his specifications.  The teachers take TONS of pictures throughout the school year, I'm lucky I get to see them all!  There are so many activities at this school, we certainly get our money's worth!

We also have a big celebration at the end of the year, our "Graduation".  This year no kids actually moved on to highschool, but one child is moving on to a different school.  Her mom is one of my best friends at the school, I'm going to miss her so much!  She did a great job of planning the grad, it was a "Grease" theme, her daughter is in love with that movie. She had a life size photo of her daughter dressed as Sandy, and posters of all the other students (all boys) dressed as the Thunderbirds.  Here was my son...

 

The Grad was fabulous, as usual.  The teachers put a lot of thought into the whole thing, there is a slide show presentation that the kids get to keep, Jr. watches all of them frequently, they are always a big hit.  He gave a speech this year, as he is the student council president.  He spoke recently at the Christmas concert, he gets better and more comfortable on stage every time he's up there. He told a couple of jokes and even ad libbed a bit!


Each child is given a Graduation certificate, promoting them to the next grade....


After the ceremony we had a BBQ and a band.  All the kids were so involved with the band, playing instruments along with them.  At one point, I was out in the hall setting up the buffet, when I heard the band warming up.  One of the other parents came to me and mentioned how great my son was on the drums.  It was him playing the drums, I thought it was the band!  He has a set of drums that he plays around with, I hadn't even realized how good he sounds on them!  Perhaps lessons will be in order one day.....

Later in the evening he took to the bongo drums, and played alongside the band.  He was very good at it, quite impressive, he just seems to have a natural rhythm, it sounded almost like he was part of the band, not competing with them at all.  He was up there all night, I think ALL the kids really enjoyed themselves.



A tribute to the Lumineers....



It was a fantastic night, as usual, and I was reminded once again how incredibly lucky we are to have found such a great school that has helped our son to thrive!

Pin It

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Awww, it looks like he had a great celebration!