Sunday, June 16, 2013

I want to rock and roll all night....





So Saturday night there was a concert at Limefreckle Jr's school, to raise funds for a documentary about children with autism. There was a Kiss Tribute band there. I used to be a Kiss fan back in the day, but truthfully I leaned more towards AC/DC and Van Halen, I really only know a few of Kiss' songs. Jr. kept telling me that "Lick it Up" was a Kiss tune, and I kept telling him it wasn't, till they played it, then I reminded myself that Limefreckle Jr. is the smartest kid I know, and I should have listened to him. I really wasn't sure what to expect from the evening. I didn't know if the kids would be able to handle the loud music (some had a hard time, but they did so well!) OK, let's be honest, I wasn't sure I could handle the loud music! My concert days are well behind me....my friend and I were trying to remember the last band we saw perform....although I've seen a few in bars the last couple of years, I think the last concert I ever went to was possibly U2, in '94 or '95. It's just not my scene. Limefreckle Jr. however, surprised me! He was really into it, he sat watching the concert most of the night, got up and danced with his classmates, busting a move that I have NEVER seen before! He and I danced to "Beth" and he twirled me around the dance floor like a pro! I think the whole experience for him was a lot of fun, and I'm glad he enjoyed it.   His teacher asked him if he was tired, and he told her "no, teenagers are never too tired to rock and roll!" It's fun to watch him as he gets older, develop his own musical tastes, his own sense of what he likes.  I'm so glad he enjoyed himself, and whenever I see him interacting with all his friends from school I'm forever grateful that we found such a wonderful community for him to thrive in!
Pin It

1 comments:

Kelly said...

This is a kid after my own heart! "Never too tired to rock and roll!" I love it! Glad you all had a good time :)