Thursday, June 27, 2013

It's been 6 minutes of summer vacation....

Yesterday was the last day of school for Limefreckle Jr. We got out a couple of days earlier than the other schools, and I don't mind that at all...We picked up the kiddos at 1 PM, they were outside flying the kites they had made that day....  Then off to McDonald's for a celebratory lunch, then to his friends house (he goes to a different school for kids with autism) for a pool party.  I got to meet some really great moms from that school.....it's so nice to connect with moms that REALLY know what life with a kid on the spectrum is like....


In the car on the way to McDonald's, he announced "It's been 6 minutes of summer vacation...." yes it has son, and there are plenty of minutes where those came from!!

I finally have time to sit down and give this blog the attention it deserves....except of course for the next 2 weeks, when I will be vacationing in Northern Ontario.  My parents happen to live on a little slice of sunshine right on Lake Superior.  My son calls their place "our cottage" and has been talking about nothing else but when we are going to visit Grandma and Grandpa for the past month.  I'm praying for good weather so I can lay on the beach and in the hammock and on the couch in the sunroom.....lots of laying around in my future I see!  Oh, and maybe some kayaking.....

As you know, Google reader is shutting down very soon, so today I'm concentrating on flipping everything over to Bloglovin'...... Follow my blog with Bloglovin









 
Pin It
 

1 comments:

Alicia said...

Have a great vacation. You deserve it.