Tuesday, June 4, 2013

laughing in church....

You know when you are in church, and something funny happens, maybe something that you might give a small chuckle to in real life, but for some reason when it happens in church, or any other place where you are supposed to be quiet, it turns out to be the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life? And then you and your Mom just can't stop laughing about it, till your Dad turns and gives the both of you the evil eye? (ya, that kind of funny). Well that's the kind of laugh I had when I saw this ecard --- I still laugh at it every time I read it.....maybe it's just me...



I dont' know why, but I just can't stop laughing!

Nothing new at Limefreckle Manor to report.  Had a lovely visit at the dentist yesterday, a follow up to this visit when I had my tooth pulled.  At least I thought I was going for a follow up visit....and a cleaning....I booked 2 hours at the place!!  Turns out I had a "new patient exam" which is basically a ton of xrays, then a bunch of pictures of my teeth, cause I guess the xrays didn't tell them enough. Then a thorough exam to determine if there are an recessions etc. (OK, fair enough), then a visit from the dentist, (not the one I thought I had booked the appointment with, another one) who, as far as I could tell, did the same thing that the hygienist had just done.  Then a little chat about oral care, and a suggestion that I come back for another hour long visit for a "discussion about oral care" (like I have time for that!!! Are we going to pull out the big teeth and toothbrush and teach me how to brush again?)  Sorry, can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Then she started to "upsell"......"did you know you can come every 3 months for a cleaning, your insurance covers it?" Why on EARTH would I want to be at the dentist every 3 months?  As it is I've regularly visited twice a year, my whole life, and every time they call it seems like I have just been there! 

THEN, the part that REALLY pissed me off.....she only had time for 1/2 my cleaning!  I have to go back to finish it!!!!!!    2 hours of my time, and I walked out of there with only 1/2 of the job done!

I'm so annoyed....but the thing is, I have just switched to this dentist, cause I really liked him (and like I said, the appointment turned out NOT to be with him).  Now I don't know what to do.  Do I give them another chance?  The first appointment date I was available to go back was in July....when the receptionist asked me to come back tomorrow, I wanted to scream at her "NO... I booked TODAY for my appointment!!!"

I will go back in July, and have a heart to heart with the dentist and let him know that if I'm only going to get 1/2  a cleaning out of my visits, I need to find somewhere else to go.......It irks me that they spent so much time on "snapshots" of my teeth (let's face it, those are there so that later, when the sticker shock of this visit wears off, they can pull them out and show me all the silver fillings that need to be replaced....)  The hygienist actually said to me "you have the coverage, why not use it?"  I don't always live life that way....just cause my health plan covers something doesn't mean it has to be done....

OK, thanks, I've vented....I'll give them one more chance, and just make sure from now on that I'm seeing the dentist that I want to see.....

Have a great Tuesday!
Pin It

3 comments:

J and A said...

Oh my gosh I love the ecard! SO funny!!

Loveandcrayons said...

Haha!! Love the ecard!!! So funny!!
Ok, I'm a dental assistant and in my opinion I'd give them another chance. BUT, when you make the appointment stress that you WANT the ther dentist. If you won't get him, then don't rebook until you can. In my office we don't do all of the X-rays and photos, but just the basics. And, why are they telling you to replace your silver fillings just because you have the coverage? It's unnecessary work, don't do it!

Jason Dew said...

That e-card is really funny! No wonder you get the urge to laugh every time you think of it. And regarding your dentist visit, it’s frustrating that you didn’t get the service you needed. But I have to say, you’re quite mature for giving them a second chance. Well everyone deserves one, unless they really messed up big time. I just hope it will come out better than the last one. But if not, you always have the right to find the best.

Jason Dew @ Metro Dental Associates