Wednesday, June 26, 2013

When I am going to have time to shop?

Have I ever mentioned that I'm a little bit of a shopaholic?  No?  Well.....I am.  And it occurred to me this morning that I'm about to face 2 full months of full on Mommy time.....doesn't leave a lot of time to indulge in my favourite pass time!  Ah, I remember fondly the early days with Limefreckle Jr. and me....we would head out to a mall, stroller filled with snacks, bottles, and everything we needed to keep a baby happy.  He was a fantastic little companion, barely ever complained.....until he got to be about 2....then our blissful afternoons strolling through the mall came to an abrupt end....oh, he didn't mind going to the mall, as long as we spent ample time (and money) in the Disney store.....one can never have too many stuffed animals you know (funny thing, even at 12 years old, those stuffed animals are still a big draw!)

So I spent most of this morning running around doing all the errands that I've put off until the 2nd day before school ends.  Of course I got home and immediately put 2 items that I forgot to pick up on my "to buy" list.....I do that every time I go get groceries as well....as soon as I get home, I start my new list, with whatever item I forgot to pick up....it's pathetic!

I also went had had my hair freshened up......I'm not even 50 yet, however the grey hair started for me in my 20's (I blame my faulty thyroid) so every 4 weeks it's a visit to the salon for me.  My stylist, Alex, is fantastic.....I can NEVER get my hair as straight and sleek as she does....no matter how hard I try...

I'm the worst selfie taker......there is not a spot in this house that takes a good iphone pic!! Too dark....
  Now in this freakin' heatwave we have here in Southern Ontario I have to try to stay out of the pool so that I can maintain this look as long as possible (last salon visit, I lasted 1 full week before I had to shampoo...she is sooooo good!)

So we have one more day of school tomorrow (well, 1/2 day, we pick up at 1) and then we are off for the summer. On the one hand I'm really looking forward to sleeping in, going up North to visit my parents (we head up on July 1st for a couple of weeks), and basically not having to stick to any type of schedule. On the other hand, I really like having my days free, because a stay at home mom has a lot of things to do, and it's so much easier when not accompanied by a tween asking you if we are done yet.....
Pin It

0 comments: