Thursday, July 4, 2013

and....EXHALE....

Ah, summer vacation! There is nothing quite like it! Once Limefreckle Jr. entered school, I feel like I've been experiencing the joys of summer vacation all over again, counting down the days until school ends, planning exciting adventures for our summer. One thing I LOVE about Limefreckle Jr., is he never says "I'm bored!" That kid can amuse himself for hours at a time, and not just by watching TV and playing games on the ipad, (which he does, a lot, and I'm not about to apologize for that so don't waste your breath..) but he has adventures...ESPECIALLY when we are up North, at my parent's place, or as Limefreckle Jr. likes to call it....his cottage. It's not a cottage, it's a beautiful house, that just happens to be sitting on Lake Superior...the best place to put a house I think! My parents moved there after I moved away from home. Truth be told, had they moved there when I was a teenager I probably would have bawked at the idea, because living that far from town wouldn't have been on my top 10 list of things to do at that time....back then hanging with my friends was all that was on my mind (well, that and boys..) and I would have felt isolated. Now that I'm an adult, I can fully appreciate this lifestyle, and when I come to visit every year, I tend to settle in and nest, and although I try to connect with the people in my life that still live here, I very often end up hibernating, and not wanting to make that trek into town very often....it's just easier to relax on the beach!



When I'm finished basking in the sun, I head over to my NEXT favourite place in the world...


I found this picture on my Mom's facebook page, with the cation "princess is home for a visit".....I finished that book in only a few hours.....


It was a GREAT book, the story of a young boy on the spectrum, who has an imaginary friend.  The story is written from his friend's perspective....great read to start off my summer!
Pin It

 

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I feel like I can breathe just looking at those pictures! It seems like you are having a great vacation - enjoy some hammock time for me ;-)