Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How bought that weather?

Well, we are back from our Northern Ontario jaunt, my parents followed us down here, my mom's sister and her husband celebrated their 50th anniversary on Saturday, so they came down for that.  They stayed with us a couple of nights, and left yesterday.  Limefreckle Jr. stood outside waving at them, and yelled "don't call us, we'll call you!" as they drove away! He cracks me up every day....

I feel like today is the first day of our holiday, even though we've been off for 2 1/2 weeks......I have a MILLION things I want to get done around here this summer....starting with a little painting project that has been 1/2 done in our garage for a couple of months....I am PROMISING myself I'll get moving on that again.  Also need to do a big grocery run today, I don't know what Mr. Limefreckle was feeding himself during our absence (actually, I do know one thing.....I got an email from him asking for my recipe for egg salad! (Ummm....sure, boil some eggs, mush them up, add mayo...)   I'm sure he's happy to have us back if for nothing else but a decent dinner!

I'm amazed at how Limefreckle Jr. and I have lucked out with the weather! While we were basking in the sun on Lake Superior, Toronto saw rain practically every day, so much in one day that the city flooded!  I can't imagine being on the go train (something I used to take to work every day, back in my former life) and having snakes sneak through in the flood! (Mom, if you are reading this....don't look at the images below....found on google...)



I can't even imagine what I would have done had I been on this train......

So now that we are back, the weather is scorching hot!  We've been enjoying our pool everyday......what more could I ask for????
Pin It

0 comments: