Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weigh in Wednesday - coming clean

I haven't posted ANYTHING about weight loss in quite a long time......because I haven't been DOING anything that relates in anyway to weight loss. I've become a complete sloth over the summer, and can't seem to snap out of it.


I've been doing a lot of laying around lately....my Mom kept taking pictures of me while I was visiting them on vacation, and posting them on Facebook!  Don't you just LOVE your Mom!!
 
So today I decided it's time to re-evaluate.....I looked through my blog, and realized that my "weight loss journey" (I've been on a friggin' weight loss journey my entire life....this time I speak of the one I've documented on my blog) began on November 30, 2012, at 215.2 lbs.  I went back to Weight Watchers, and I started to see improvement....slow, but improvement none the less.  The last time I documented my progress was April 19, 2013, I was 199.10.  Today I stepped on the scale.....210LBS!!  Not too far off that original weight back in November.

Of course a million thoughts have been running through my head, all negative, so I decided to just stop those immediately.....I've learned from past experience that negative thinking gets me know where.  I don't need to beat myself up, I just need to pull up my socks and get started again.

So, I'm dedicating today to planning menus,  and deciding exactly what plan I want to follow.  I bounce around so much from plan to plan, should I do weight watchers, should I do Paleo, should I do Wheat Belly diet.....as long as I keep stressing about which plan to do it seems to keep me from actually DOING anything. Today I make a firm decision, and start.

I'm going to set challenges, or goals of things to add in every week.  Not going to try and do it all today, one goal a week.  This week's goal will be to add exercise back into my week, at least 20 mins. each day.  That's a small, attainable goal, that I can increase later, but for now gets me started.

Looking forward to starting back to link ups with Weigh in Wednesday and getting to know the new hosts.  I found the weekly link up was hugely motivating for me last time, when Erin was running it, and I'm hoping it will be again!

Wish me luck!

Pretty
Strong Medicine

3 comments:

Ash Z said...

Welcome back to the WIW!
Your mom is funny - posting photos of you lol.
Glad to hear you have a plan and are ready to start again.

Kristin J said...

Welcome back! We are here to support you for sure!

You should look into clean eating too if you are looking for something new. We have recently started and it has been easier than I thought!

bailey j said...

Welcome back! I need to do exactly what you're doing asap!