Sunday, October 27, 2013

A little of this, a little of that....

I can't believe how I've neglected this poor little blog as of late......in the summer it was so much easier to keep at it, but now that school has started again, I just find my days filling up, sometimes I don't even come back home till after I pick up Limefreckle Jr. at 3.....and the blog has certainly taken a backseat. I haven't even had much time to keep up to date with my favourite bloggers, today I need to spend some serious surfing time!!  I've been really busy lately getting ready for a jewelry show that I plan to host at a friends house, and an upcoming craft show at Limefreckle Jr.'s school, so it will be all about jewelry for a little while around here.  I've finally perfected my photography, thanks to a friend that came over that knows a WHOLE lot more than I do about DSLR shooting, she helped me get the right settings on my camera, and now I think I've got a good handle on it.  I have SO many pieces of jewelry that I want to get listed on line....but there just aren't enough hours in the day......it's much more fun to just make the stuff......

Here's a good example of the difference.....here is a before shot of one of my bracelets, I took this outside, to take advantage of the outdoor light, but it's not easy to shoot outside in Canada....much easier to do it all in my basement, where my craft room is.


This certainly isn't that bad a shot, it gives a pretty good idea of what the bracelet looks like, I wasn't too disappointed with it...

But this is the new shot...

 
Much better I think! Shows more detail, I like the background better. It's the first time I've been completely happy with the shots I've taken for my shop. I've also opened up a shop at Zibbet, a new Etsy type marketplace.  I don't know how much you know about Etsy, but recently they have changed their rules regarding handmade.  It used to be a very unique spot to find totally handmade items, but those lines have blurred lately, they are now allowing drop shipments, and outsourced manufacturing.   That is not handmade in my opinion, and I think it's going to totally change the face of Etsy, especially in the jewelry department.  I can't compete with items manufactured in India and China, and more importantly I don't want to.  So I'll get working on building up my shop at Zibbet, and keep my Etsy shop too, while I see how it all unfolds.  In the meantime, if you like this bracelet, you can find it here

So those are my lame reasons why I haven't been around much.  I really need to set up a schedule for blogging, should probably start doing it in the evening instead of in the morning! I promise to try and do a better job of keeping up to date!

I'm keeping it really low profile today, I hurt my back in yoga on Friday.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hot yoga, have been going at least 4x per week since September.   It's a place where I feel completely comfortable, and sometimes I feel like my body isn't really my own.....I feel thinner, younger, more like a ballerina and less like an overweight middle aged woman.  But then I go and move the wrong way, and my herniated disc screams out "who are you trying to kid??? You are NOT younger, OR thinner!!  STOP IT!"  The trouble with this disc injury, everything feels great while you are doing it, it's not like I'm able to ever pin point which exact move it was that caused the injury to flare up...but then later in the day, it starts to ache.  I'm going to try to get in to see my chiropractor tomorrow, he has a decompression table that helps a lot, and I think this week I should be back to normal.  But in the meantime I'm taking things pretty slow right now.  We have to get the halloween decor up this weekend, I'm hoping I can recruit the boys to do most of the hard work while I supervise.

Oh, and I finally talked Limefreckle Jr. into getting a haircut. He had a faux hawk that went out of control, with a "ponytail, rat tail" kind of thing that he took great pride in, but the rest of us hated. 




She kept a tiny rat tail, because as he said to my stylist "I'm bringing the 80's back"....oh please, let's hope this doesn't catch on again!!!  Can you believe this kid is 12????


2 comments:

Kelly said...

I have so much love for a kid who appreciates the 80's. the new photography looks amazing! Nice job!

Loveandcrayons said...

Hahaha!! His hair is hilarious! I wonder if that will come back, considering I've seen so many people sort of like this with their faux hawks!!
I've missed you!
I'm neglecting blogging too. When I get home from work, I just want to be with the boys, not in the office!
Ok, adding your site to my hubby's list of gift ideas for me! Love the bracelets!!
And, the new picture looks SO good! It really shows off the colors of the bracelet!