Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend fun with the girls

It's Sunday morning as I type this, my favourite morning of the week.  We don't have to hurry up and go anywhere, I can enjoy my coffee in total peace and quiet, and catch up on my favourite blogs. 

Its been a lovely weekend here in Southern Ontario, you could hardly tell it was November! I grew up in Northern Ontario, where it wasn't uncommon to have snow for Halloween, but living here in the "south" is much nicer. Winters are milder, for sure. Limefreckle Jr. isn't liking any of it, he wakes up every morning hoping to see a blanket of snow on the ground! I don't know where this kid came from! My close friend Sandie had a jewelry party at her house on Friday night, so we had a lovely time visiting with the girls. Sandie and I met when our sons attended the same school, and although her son has moved to a different school, we are still very close, as are the boys. Limefreckle Jr. came along so he could play with his buddy (they are both aspiring movie makers so they spent the night working on his latest "project" as he calls it). Sandie invited a lot of really nice ladies, most of us with kids on the spectrum, Autism truly does seem to dominate our lives, but it is so great to be able to unload, brainstorm and laugh with other mom's that truly "get" our day to day struggles. And I sold a few pieces of jewelry too, which is always nice!



some of my older designs

my latest designs


my current obsession, leather wrap bracelets

this statement necklace suited her to a T. 
 Now if I could just carve out time to get more of these lovelies listed in my shop!  Can't decide if I should work on that today or pull out some of the Christmas decor and get started on decorating the house.  I have 3 craft shows coming up in the next few weeks so lots to do, it would be nice to have a jump start on the decor, and now that Halloween is over I'm actually ready to jump right into Christmas!  I guess I'll wait and let the weather unfold today, that will determine if I want to work inside all day, or maybe get outdoors and have the annual "fight over the Christmas lights" that my husband and I look forward to every year!  I swear we CANNOT work together!  He won't take direction, and I won't give up control on creative matters! Sometimes I am tempted to just call one of those companies that install your lights for you, and get our house kitted out, Clark Griswold style!  Maybe I'll work on the interior decor instead!  Either way, it's shaping up to be another great day here, hope wherever you are is beautiful too!

Pin It


3 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so talented, Sue!

Loveandcrayons said...

So, did you get your Christmas stuff up?
I'm in love with that statement necklace!! Gorgeous!!
It's so great for you to be able to know so many other mothers with kids on the spectrum. I know it's completely different, I'm not trying to draw comparisons, but it's like being a mom to a baby or toddler. Sometimes you just need to be surrounded by people who know exactly what you're going through at that time. The ladies I work with all have kids 20 or older, so I mention baby and toddler stuff and they just can't relate anymore! Plus, they are so happy to be done with those years!! Lol!!

J and A said...

So fun! You are amazing!